Answered By: Linda Spiro Last Updated: Dec 18, 2015 Views: 103
Fondren Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center. Ask for assistance locating patent and trademark information at the Kelley Center for Government Information service desk in Fondren's basement or contact the staff at:
- Take our two hour patent searching class and follow-up one hour foreign patent searching class to learn how to search effectively for patents on a particular topic. Class times are listed on the library's home page and on the Kelley Center homepage. Classes cover how to search patents directly from the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the European Patent Office without having to make a trip here. However, more advanced searchers who want a split-screen display may use the optional databases PubWEST or PubEAST databases in the library only.
- Use this guide to patent searching to search for patents online.
- View additional patent resources.
- Use this guide to trademark searching to learn how to locate trademarks online
- Use TESS (Trademark Electronic Search System) to search for trademarks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Check the Kelley Center homepage for the next trademark searching class or call 713-348-5483
- View additional trademark resources
Our focus is on helping you learn to search effectively for existing patents or trademarks. We cannot help you file or answer any questions that have legal implications.